Thursday 4 May 2017

Scales

Six feet tall, charming smile,
broad shoulders and razor sharp mind,
Manners, humor, gentle and kind;
Affirmative qualifies, may be we can talk over a glass of wine.

personality - 7, etiquette - 9
humor - 6 , intellect just fine;
Thanks for the evening, I enjoyed my wine,
But u see, they are demanding, these scales of mine,
So may be this is the last time!
Tomorrow it'll be next up in line.

So, a different boy and same old wine,
but he's doing better, may be we can give it a try.
His touch feels 8, possessiveness high,
honesty 6, Oh he's good with lies.
he had the spark, but a shame couldn't keep it high!
So, thank you for all fine drinks and dines,
and may be it's time for another round of wine.

Boys were men now, Sula became Cabernet,
My scales kept deciding for me, 5, 6, 7 or 8;

Until one day, when I met this guy,
And I felt like deciding on my own for the first time.
Was it his innocence or his vibes,
Even today if you ask me, I cant tell why?
The scales weren't flattered,
but they said, 'Ohkayyy fineee !
lets see what you've got...we'll stay silent for a while.'

For the first time I found something so beautiful, so genuine;
And with every passing day I found in him something new!
But then these scales of mine, they were shrewd,
They had their meters on, through out the cruise;
I would ignore them, resent them, for I was convinced of him being a boon,
But they were just waiting for an opportunity,
n found one when the chips were low,
Made me blurt out the damn number, what they boasted of,
I felt terrible that day, for hurting him I felt like a loon;
fearing the end, I looked in his eyes,
They were hurt, searching for me in mine;
entrenched silence, a blank mind,
All I wished then was to step back and rewind!

That was one day and here's another,
winters, springs and summers, we've been together;
Gratified is a diminutive word,
for how I feel on being found, for being accepted howsoever,
Scales didn't stop measuring though, for that's their nature.
deftly he made peace with them, and what ensued ? They fell for his stature!
But his love became too strong for those tiny scales to measure;
before long they called out to bid the last good bye,
they couldn't take more, they shattered !

Mixed feeling, I  am obliged to them, they did their Job well,
They saved me for where I am today, when I could have landed anywhere else,
So this a small tribute to them, condolences, RIP Scales!













No comments:

Post a Comment