Sunday 24 January 2016

And Again is Mangalore !

Yes, before I cud pen down my first visit to the city completely, I got another call from her. Even she fell for me I suppose. :D

Harsh, an amazing chef and my friend calls me at around 8 in evening. "Hi Shweta, Can u lend me ua helmet ? I need to go to the city." I replied with an affirmative and a few minutes later he was there at Sankrathi circle. I went down with the helmet and saw one more guy accompanying him."Hey, meet my friend, Phani", and a formal handshake followed the introduction. "We are planning to visit Mangalore this weekend. Would you like to join?". And my PDQ reply was, "Oh ! that's a beautiful place ! However, I was there just a few days back. So, thnx for inviting but may be you guys should go ahead this time. I'll join you for next trip for sure." But then, this travel bug in me fiddled a little and I was like, "Btw, when are you leaving?". "Tonight" and I told the bug to go back to its slumber for I had these plans up for a rave at another friend's place. "But, If you want we can postpone it to early morning. Come on, It'll be fun. Moreover, Sameera is the only girl with us. She'll also get company." And a little nudge was all I needed to reconsider my weekend plans. "Well ohkay, text me approx expenses for the trip and I'll let you know by midnight." , with this I handed over the helmet to Harsh and came back to my room.

After that I didn't get to check my phone before 5 that morning. And when I did, there were many missed calls and texts from harsh. I thought they must have left by then and moreover, the hangover was still lurking around, so, I thought of going back into my blanket. But then for the sake of courtesy, I called him back. And guess what, these people were still in Mysore."Hey, you are coming right ? We'll leave by 6. Be ready !", and I was like literally blank on what to say. I mindlessly said yes and then after hanging up the phone I was wondering, what just happened then. When I understood, I called them back to tell that they should go ahead without me for I might not be able to get ready so fast and I didn't want them to get off schedule owing to me. But then, for the humble people they are, they insisted on waiting for me and for the sloth I am, they waited till 7:30. :/

So, at 7:30 siddhu, along with his friends and his baby, was at Sankranthi. No no, siddhu is not married ! He's a handsome bachelor and here he is, with his baby...:D

Yes, you got it right !
Siddhu is a motorhead and you see that Honda Jazz, datz his beloved baby.
A comfi ride with awesome speakers. And Siddhu absolutely loves her :D
We all had our photo shoot with her n here's one of mine...me n her in da same foxy color. \m/ :D


         


So then, 9th Jan, 2016 ! Me, Harsh, Siddhu, Phani(the guy from prev night) n Sameera( a new face), we were all set for the road trip ahead of us.

Siddhu on steering



And you know what, sometimes journey itself turns out to be so beautiful, that you forget about the destination. That is exactly what happened then. Crisp early morning breeze and clear blue sky. Weather was blissful and so was the scenery. After so long I felt myself so close to nature and was totally enraptured.


Also, the two new friends I made, Phani and Sameera, turned out to awesum people, so very easy and laid back. Certainly, the best people to travel with !
Phani, Sameera n me

We stopped by Cafe county, a nice place for breakfast on mysore-mangalore highway.

Phani, Harsh and Sami @ Cafe County

Decent place with nominal figures in its menu. And special masala cheese dosa is a must try !

  After the heart-filling break fast, an almost 7 hr fun ride followed, through beautiful western ghats and valleys of Karnataka, and well Kerela too ! We made a detour just to see 'Welcome to kerela' and  'Thanks for visiting Kerela' sign boards. :D

En route, we came across many beautiful spots. One was this waterfall near Madikery. Milky white stream and calming white noise of it with chirping of birds. It was a treat to eyes, mind & soul. And who would miss on such a treat ? So we stopped by, to absorb the nature's elixir spread magnanimously all over all place. Camera obviously cant capture everything, but here are a few clicks which give a coup d'oeil of what I am talking about. :)


Owing to sharp bends and several hairpins, topped with LFS Siddhu on steering, I got a little nauseated. But It was all fine after having fresh juicy watermelon at this cute rustic place.



At around 4 pm, we finally checked in the resort where we had booked our rooms. We all freshened up in an hour and by 5, we were on our way to Panambur beach. And here after i'll let the pictures speak. Credits- Phani's dslr ! :D





you can check out more pics here

n do share urs wen u make ua visit...
till then, take care...hv fun ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment